MEC shortlisted for six Media Lions Awards
June 16, 2013
The Torchview campaign combined Streetview technology with social interactivity to create a snapshot of Olympic history. MEC built a bespoke camera rig and technical system to photograph, stitch together and add zooming and tagging functionality along the entire Olympic torchbearer route. Anyone who watched the torch could find and tag themselves through Facebook. Torchview became the most tagged piece of content ever on Facebook and achieved social amplification with combined retweets reaching 517,000.
MEC has also made the shortlist for awards in the following categories:
- Best Use of Digital Media: Henkel Laundry and Home Care, Balls Dream Band, alongside TBWA\ Milan
- Best Use of Special Events and Stunt/Live Advertising: KFC , Journey of Hope, alongside Ogilvy & Mather Johannesburg
- Best Use of Special Events and Stunt/Live Advertising: Smart Fortwo, Smart Vertriebs, alongside BBDO Berlin
- Best Use of Mobile Devices: Singtel’s Old Phones Give New Life, alongside Ogilvy & Mather Singapore
- Best Use of Mobile Devices: Smart Fortwo, Smart Vertriebs, alongside BBDO Berlin
The winners will be announced at the Media Lions Awards ceremony in Cannes on Tuesday, 18 June 2013.