Seagram’s Escapes Serves up Thanksgiving Leftovers
November 17, 2011
Your Thanksgiving feast was a success but your fridge is still packed with leftovers. What are you going to do with all of the turkey and the stuffing? Why not host a potluck party? Invite your friends over and have them bring a dish they’ve created using their Thanksgiving leftovers. This way, everyone gets the chance to clean out their refrigerators and have some fun at the same time!
The entertaining experts at Seagram’s Escapes suggest the following tips for a delicious and stress-free Post-Thanksgiving Potluck Party:
- To avoid winding up with ten plates of plain turkey, request that guests create a new dish out of their leftovers. For example, Thanksgiving turkey could become turkey broccoli quiche, turkey chili or turkey burritos. Check out the Cheap Healthy Good blog for 38 inexpensive, healthy and delicious leftover recipes.
- After days of preparing for Thanksgiving, you and your guests will want to relax. Encourage guests to wear comfy clothes and put some throw blankets and extra throw pillows around the house for guests to use. Make a fire if you have a fireplace or if not, just light some extra candles and put them around the house for a cozy atmosphere.
- Seagram’s Escapes coolers come in a colorful variety of flavors and colors which means they are decorative and delicious. Display Seagram’s Escapes coolers on ice in buckets and invite guests to help themselves. Seagram’s Escape newest seasonal flavor, Apple Pomegranate Mimosa is especially delicious this time of year.
- After you’ve enjoyed all of the delicious left-overs, pop in a good movie for you and your guests to enjoy. Whether it be a holiday classic or a new hit release (check out a Thanksgiving movie top ten list from Huffington Post), relaxing with a movie is the perfect way to kick-back and unwind.
Since guests are creating new recipes from old favorites, why not try out a new cocktail recipe or two created with Seagram’s Escapes coolers – see below for some creative, new recipe ideas.
Cheers to another successful Thanksgiving with great friends and great memories!
Apple Pomegranate Fizz*
- 8 oz Seagram’s Escapes Apple Pomegranate Mimosa
- 2 oz pomegranate juice
- 1 oz white rum
- Apple slices
Mix Seagram’s Escapes Apple Pomegranate Mimosa and rum in a large cocktail glass. Add the pomegranate juice. Garnish with fresh apple slices and enjoy!
Harvest Berry Smash*
- 8 oz Seagram’s Escapes Wild Berries
- 1 oz vodka
- 2 oz cranberry juice
- Splash of lime juice
- Lime wedge
Combine cranberry juice, vodka, lime juice and ice together in a cocktail shaker. Shake to combine. Top with Seagram’s Escapes Wild Berries. Strain into cocktail glasses and serve with a lime wedge for garnish
Peach Spice Sparklers*
- 8 oz Seagram’s Escapes Peach Fuzzy Navel
- 1 oz bourbon
- 2 oz apple cider
- 1/8 tsp Cinnamon
- Orange slices
Combine bourbon, apple cider and cinnamon in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake well to combine. Add Seagram’s Escapes Peach Fuzzy Navel and stir. Garnish with an orange slice and enjoy.
* Recipe for an adult alcoholic beverage
About Seagram's Escapes
Introduced in 1985, Seagram's Escapes currently offers twelve varieties of malt beverage flavored coolers, including: Bahama Mama, Black Cherry Fizz, Calypso Colada, Fuzzy Navel, Jamaican Me Happy, Lime Melonade, new Mango, Margarita, new Sangria, Strawberry Daiquiri and Wild Berries. Seagram's Escapes are available in four-pack carriers, 12-pack and 24-pack variety pack cartons. Sold across the U.S., Seagram's Escapes are produced at The Genesee Brewery in Rochester, New York.
Please unwind responsibly.