April 9, 2013
THE 17TH ANNUAL WEBBY NOMINEES UNVEILED
Pereira & O’Dell receives six nominations, three honorees
NEW YORK, April 9, 2013 – Hailed as the “Internet’s Highest Honor” by The New York Times, this year’s Webby Awards received more than 11,000 entries from over 65 countries globally. From the thousands of entries submitted to The Webby Awards, only 7% – five in each category – are recognized as Nominees. There will be only one Webby winner in each category.
Pereira & O’Dell has an impressive six nominations in the 17th Annual Webby Awards:
1. Online Film & Video: Brand Entertainment Long Form – “The Beauty Inside” for Intel + Toshiba
2. Online Film & Video: Brand Entertainment Scripted – “The Beauty Inside” for Intel + Toshiba
3. Online Film & Video: Drama – “The Beauty Inside” for Intel + Toshiba
4. Social: Celebrity/Fan – “The Beauty Inside” for Intel + Toshiba
5. Mobile & Apps: Best Use of Mobile Video – LEGO Super Heroes Movie Maker
6. Mobile & Apps: Entertainment (Handheld Devices) – LEGO Super Heroes Movie Maker
Other Pereira & O’Dell projects receiving Honors include:
- “The Beauty Inside”: Social: Experimental & InnovationSkype Humoticons:
- Interactive Advertising & Media: Best Use of Social MediaYahoo! Tapjoint: Interactive Advertising & Media: Game or Application
This year’s winners will be announced and honored at the star-studded ceremony in New York City where winners will deliver five-word speeches in the tradition of past victors like Al Gore (“Please don’t recount this vote.”), Jimmy Fallon (“Thank God Conan got promoted”) and Anna Wintour (“Sometimes, Geeks Can Be Chic”). The show will be broadcast online on May 22. Host and venue for the 17th Annual Webby Awards will be announced April 16.
Many of this year’s nominees reflect the ever-growing roll social experiences play in helping consumers discover new content, videos, communities and brands. Others succeed by confirming the significant effect mobile and tablet devices have had in taking Internet access well beyond the typical confines of home and work. From Obama For America (Social Media Campaigns), NASA’s Curiosity Mars Rover (Best Overall Social Presence) and Red Bull Stratos (Branded Entertainment) to Netflix (Mobile Media Streaming) and MLB.com At Bat (Mobile Events), the profound impact of social curation and mobile devices on popular culture and business is strikingly evident in this year’s Webby Nominees.
“Every year we are constantly amazed by the innovations Webby Nominees push forward and this year is no exception,” said David-Michel Davies, Executive Director of The Webby Awards. “This year’s nominees reflect a new personal and pervasive Internet where friends and people we trust are our curators and mobile devices stretch the network into the most discreet places in our lives. It is truly an Internet made by everyone, accessed from anywhere.”
PEOPLE CHOICE VOTING OPEN
You can vote on Pereira & O’Dell’s Nominations in the People’s Choice voice that begins today at http://pv.webbyawards.com