Philosophy & Competitive Advantages
Five key points of difference distinguish Roth Associates from other consultants.
- Roth Associates provides fact-based insight derived from data and experience. The long standing success of the firm is attributed to our commitment to marrying both the science and art of agency search and consulting. By science we mean the accuracy of our data which is compiled and updated regularly. By art we mean the qualitative aspect of search and relationship management culled from more years in this business than any other competitor.
- We maintain an unduplicated and proprietary database that allows us to benchmark staff costs by agency function, geography or type.Clients benefit from access to current, actual agency staff costs based on agency type, location and staff functions.
- Roth Associates has conducted media sgency searches with combined billings in excess of $2 billion. We are the only consultancy with a dedicated, global media expert and are recognized for our in-depth knowledge of the media agency landscape.
- Roth Associates only works for advertisers. We do not accept money from advertising agencies in any form (egistration fees, material storage fees, or new business consulting fees) as we believe that is a conflict of interest.
- Each of our processes is designed to yield usable results. The ultimate goal is to provide our clients with programs, plans or work that, at process end, has reduced the learning curve of a new agency partners or improved the effectiveness and efficiency of an existing partner and maximized our clients’ marketing investment of time and money.
Established in 1987, Roth Associates (www.askroth.com) created the Communications Agency Management Consulting discipline. Since then, we have managed the broadest range of consulting assignments with a cumulative size approaching $10 billion in billings.
Today, we advise marketers of all sizes on all aspects of communications resource alignment and compensation. Our independent, accountable and time-tested approach continues to provide our clients with valuable, fact-based insights that directly impact their investment in communications plans and processes and the selection of the best partner
We offer in-depth, seasoned and objective understanding of marketers’ communications needs; possess an unparalleled knowledge of the communications industry and its players; and provide our clients with the benefit of extensive experience in creating productive and sustainable agency/client relationships.
In 2007 Roth Associates expanded globally with the launch of Roth Observatory International (www.rothobservatoryinternational.com). Co-headquartered in New York and London, this joint venture answers international clients’ growing needs for seamless, global agency selection, management and compensation information and insight.
American Institute of CPAs
American Legacy Foundation
Atlantic City Alliance
Atlantis Paradise Island
Bank of New York
Bed Bath & Beyond
BMW North America
The Boeing Corporation
Credit Suisse First Boston
Ford Motor Company
Giant Eagle Supermarkets
Glaxo Smith Kline
Hyundai Motor America
Jiffy Lube International
JP Morgan Chase
Kia Motors America
Miller Brewing Company
New York Life Insurance
Quaker State Pennzoil
Specialty Brands of America
Toys R Us
Visiting Nurses NY
Wall Street Journal
Roth Associates has three core competencies:
- Agency (creative, media, digital, branding, multi-cultural and PR) search
- Agency compensation
- Agency relationship management
Roth Associates in the U.S. has offices in New York City and Los Angeles. Our global network, Roth Observatory International, has offices in London, Edinburgh, Hamburg, Johannesburg and Singapore.
Roth Associates approach to servicing clients is to deploy a team, composed of highly-credentialed industry experts. This provides clients with insights, data and competency in all the necessary areas. Our clients affirm the benefits of our unique approach and cite the efficiencies delivered by our process.