As we come upon the most patriotic time of the year, many of you are probably wondering what to do this 4th of July weekend. But keep in mind that July 4th is America’s birthday, which gives you an excuse to eat as much as you want and enjoy a few drinks, so take advantage. In order to have the complete 4th of July experience, you must complete at least 5, if not all, of these patriotic activities.
1. Buy tickets to see a baseball game. Nothing better than America’s pastime.
2. Go to Coney Island to see the Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest and possibly try to break a record of your own.
3. In order to wash down those hot dogs, you’re going to need something to drink, so why not make the beverage a beer? And have a couple, because what is 4th of July without beer?
5. Have a BBQ at the park or freeload off of someone else’s BBQ.
6. Go to the beach and start that summer tan that you’ve been longing for all winter.
7. Eat a good ole classic American burger covered with as many toppings as you can think of.
8. If you like to stay home, you must have a binge movie night and watch all of these movies:
(These movies are probably the most patriotic movies of all time)
- The Patriot
- Top Gun
- ALL FOUR Rambo movies
- Independence Day
- Air Force One
- Saving Private Ryan
- ALL SIX Rocky movies
- Apollo 13
- Mighty Ducks
9. Go visit the Statue of Liberty.
10. And to end on a more serious note, visit the Ground Zero site and pay your respects.
As this exciting, innovative, and unique nation gets ready to celebrate yet another year of independence, make sure to have this guide handy. It will, without a doubt, make you feel the most American you’ve ever felt.