- Insurance company Transamerica has named Omnicom's The Integer Group as its primary brand agency.
- DDB is now taking on a key brand in Mars' pet food portfolio: Royal Canin.
- Rent-A-Center, the largest rent-to-own operator in the United States, has opted to retain Mindshare as media AOR after a competitive review.
- Electrolux Major Appliances, North America has named Publicis Groupe's Zenith Media its new agency for U.S. media strategy, planning and buying.
- Premier Foods has picked McCann London to bring the Homepride brand mascot, Fred, back to TV advertising.
- Major league soccer team, Sporting Kansas City, tapped VML as its marketing partner to provide strategic planning and consulting for sponsorship activation. The partnership is slates to last for three years. Sporting Kansas City has 150 free Wi-Fi access points, more than 300 HDTVs and two main video boards for in-match participation. Sporting Kansas City spent $363,000 on measured media in 2013, according to Kantar Media.
- Georgia-Pacific's North American consumer business has added to its roster of agencies. The company selected Cutwater, San Francisco; Deutsch LA; Droga5, New York; and The Martin Agency, Richmond, Virginia, to develop campaigns for six brands. Working with Michael Lee of Madam to develop an initial set of prospects, the company didn't select agencies based on traditional creative pitches but focused instead on specific marketing capabilities each agency could add to the needs of individual brands. Cutwater was awarded Brawny paper towels; Deutsch LA scored Angel Soft bath tissue and Vanity Fair tableware; Droga5 added Quilted Northern bath tissue and Dixie tableware to its list of clients and The Martin Agency was awarded Sparkle paper towels. According to Kantar Media, Angel Soft spent $25.2 million on measured media in 2013 and $3.6 million in Q1 of 2014. Brawny spent $6 million on measured media in 2013 and only $51,000 in Q1 of 2014. Quilted Northern spent $25.5 million on measured media in 2013 and $10.8 million in Q1 of 2014. Sparkle spent $8.9 million on measured media in 2013 and $5.7 million in Q1 of 2014.
Tags: Premier Foods, McCann London, Fred, Homepride, mascot, Omnicom, Integer Group, Transamerica, Kantar Media, reviews, Electrolux Major Appliances, Zenith Media, Publicis Groupe, MLS, Major League Soccer, Georgia-Pacific, Dixie, Angel Soft, Brawny, Vanity Fair, Quilted Northern, Sparkle, Kantar Media, Cutwater, Deutsch, Droga5, The Martin Agency, Mars Inc., DDB NY, Royal Canin, McKinney