December 4, 2013
- Volvo will move its U.S. $50 million creative business to Grey New York following the selection of Grey London as the brand's global creative agency. The crazy Volvo Trucks stunts will remain with Swedish agency Forsman & Bodenfors.
- Erwin Penland was named agency of record for CIT Bank, a consumer and small business-focused online bank and subsidiary of CIT Group Inc., a provider of financing and advisory services to small businesses and middle market companies. This account will be handled out of Erwin Penland’s New York office. CIT Bank spent $7.1 million on measured media in 2012 and $4.4 million between January and June of 2013, according to Kantar Media. Erwin Penland is a part of Boston-based Hill Holliday, and a member of The Interpublic Group of Companies.
- The Jacksonville Jaguars have named On Ideas as its agency of record. The Jacksonville-based agency will handle advertising, marketing strategy, branding, creative services and PR/community relations support.
- McLean Hospital, Belmont, Mass., tapped FORGE worldwide as agency of record, following a review. The account was previously handled on a project basis by local agencies. Work will include advertising, digital/mobile marketing, search marketing oversight and strategy and internal communications.
- Aegis Media's Vizeum has won the £10 million media planning and buying business for RSA's insurance brand MoreThan, previously held by Starcom MediaVest Group.
December 3, 2013
- Volvo Car Group has hired Grey London as its new global creative agency, following a competitive pitch.
Read more: http://bit.ly/18frFC7
- Ascot, the horse racing course, has appointed Antidote as its creative agency after competitive pitch.
Read more: http://bit.ly/1be3aFx
- Nexus/H, the full-service agency, has been awarded the global digital account for Miller Genuine Draft, the lager brand distributed by SABMiller.
Read more: http://bit.ly/188h2Do
- BMO Financial Group, a North American provider of personal and commercial banking, wealth management and investment banking products and solutions, named Kirshenbaum Bond Senecal + Partners as agency of record for its wealth management division, following a review. The account will be led by kbs+Toronto. BMO Financial Group spent $185,000 in measured media in 2012 and $128,000 between January and June of 2013, per Kantar Media.
- Geometry gets Unilever U.S. work.
December 2, 2013
- Doner awarded Golfsmith AOR.
- PHD wins global media planning for Johnnie Walker Blue after a competitive pitch.
- Mattel, the toymaker, has split with Ogilvy & Mather after half a century and has handed its European ad account to Lola.
- Camelot, the operator of the National Lottery, has awarded Lida a new brief to improve the way it communicates with people who play its lottery and scratch-card games.
- Droga5 Europe has won a global project for Radox, marking the agency's second piece of new business since it launched earlier this year.
- Hasbro consolidates most of its global media with OMD.
- Goodstuff Communications has been awarded the media planning and buying account for the malt loaf brand Soreen.
- Morrisons has hired Tribal Worldwide, London as its digital agency of record, ahead of the launch of its first e-commerce service next year.
- Creature London has deepened its relationship with Silver Spoon, picking up work for Crusha.
Nando’s awards account to MetropolitanRepublic
November 28, 2013
After a stimulating creative pitch for the Nando’s advertising account, which saw four of South Africa’s top agencies go head-to-head, the business was awarded to MetropolitanRepublic.
Nando’s Chief Marketing Officer, Mike Cathie, confirmed the appointment of the agency: “MetropolitanRepublic’s strategic and creative presentation was extraordinary. It was a unanimous decision that the agency understood the business challenges much better than anyone else”.
The team literally delved into unpacking this iconic brand during the pitch process, consuming 94 Nando’s flame-grilled half-chicken and chips in various stores, over hundreds of man-hours. When the announcement came that the agency had won the account, they were thoroughly elated.
MetropolitanRepublic’s Strategic Director, Brent Tollman, revealed what it was like from the agency-side, “Pitching to Nando’s is as tough as it gets in advertising. You’re talking to some of the best marketers in the business – having built up a South African success into a global business with some of the smartest creative and topical brand positioning of the last 20 years. We are over the moon that we made the grade”.
Alison Deeb, Group CEO of MetropolitanRepublic, commented, “What a wonderful way for us to end the year, as no doubt 2014 will be filled with immense opportunities to take this brand to the next level. We are thrilled to be working with such a powerful marketing team – work has already begun, so watch this space”.
November 27, 2013
- The Summit Group Communications (TSG) won advertising and public relations duties for eight Subway restaurant markets in Arkansas, Missouri and Kansas. In Arkansas, TSG will handle work for Subway stores in Little Rock, Fort Smith, Fayetteville and Jonesboro. In Missouri, the agency will manage St. Joseph, Joplin, Springfield and Kansas City markets and in Kansas, the Topeka and Kansas City markets.