- PowerPact, a promotions and digital marketing agency, was tapped by LG Electronics USA Inc. to handle consumer promotions for LG home appliances and home entertainment products, in an effort to increase in-store sales and activations. The agency has worked with LG for the last three years, creating consumer promotions relating to LG’s role as Official Corporate Partner with the NCAA, including men’s college basketball (March Madness/Final Four) and college football, along with various new product and technology launches.
- San-Francisco-based agency, Heat was named agency of record for Kendall-Jackson winery. The agency will handle all digital, experiential installations, print, and point-of-purchase elements. K-J is looking to attract a younger generation of wine enthusiasts. Heat was selected based on the agency’s experience in wine category, and in reaching the millennial audience for clients like EA Sports. Kendall Jackson spent approximately $445,000 on ads in 2012 according to Kantar.
- Edible Arrangements named The Richards Group as its creative advertising agency, and Horizon Media as its media agency of record, effective immediately. Horizon, responsible for all communications planning and activation across all channels, replaces MediaCom as media agency. Stern Advertising previously handled creative duties. New work will debut later this year. Per Kantar, Edible Arrangements spent an estimated $30 million on media in 2012.
- HEILBrice Marketing Communications added the Los Angeles Tourism & Convention Board (LA Tourism), to its roster of clients. The agency will develop an integrated consumer marketing campaign for key domestic markets that will also be used as a global platform for marketing efforts in international visitor markets.
- The Montreal Canadiens have selected Twist Imageto handle its mobile application development and mobile marketing strategies and tactics, following a review. The first task for the agency is to overhaul the hockey team’s current mobile application. Beyond that, Twist Image will work on the Canadiens’ mobile strategy, platform experience, product innovation, and mobile marketing partnerships. Work on the account has begun and the new mobile app is slated to launch in time for the start of the regular season.
Tags: PowerPact, LG Electronics USA Inc., NCAA, National Collegiate Athletics Association, March Madness, Final Four, Heat, Kendall-Jackson, K-J, EA Sports, Edible Arrangements, The Richards Group, Horizon Media, MediaCom, Stern Advertising, HEILBrice Marketing Communications, Los Angeles Tourism & Convention Board, LA Tourism, The Montreal Canadiens, Twist Imageto
Category: Account Moves