- Gustavo Martinez was today named as JWT's new leader-in-waiting and the first born outside either the US or Britain to take over the global network in its 150-year history.
- ZenithOptimedia Canada announced that CEO Sunni Boot would be leaving her position at the end of the year. Replacing her is Frank Friedman, currently executive vice president, managing director, Optimedia in New York who will become CEO ZenithOptimedia Canada effective January 1.
- BFG hired Ryan Wofford as director of digital strategy, reporting to chief creative officer Scott Seymour. He will work out of BFG’s Atlanta office and lead the digital strategy efforts across the agency’s roster of clients including Campari, South Carolina Parks Recreation and Tourism, Snyder’s-Lance Brands, Treasury Wine Estates and Dr. Oetker. Wofford was most recently director of digital and social media at MELT.
- Marc Burns was promoted to managing director of BBDO San Francisco. He most recently served as a group account director for that agency. Burns will be responsible for driving growth for the agency, in addition to continuing to serve as the senior account lead on select Mars brands, Tourism Australia and other accounts handled out of San Francisco. He will report to Jim Lesser, President and CEO of the office. Burns began his career in 1996 in the mailroom at BBDO in Australia.
- Bader Rutter & Associates hired Ryann Greve as chief marketing officer to oversee new business development and promote the agency’s brand.
Tags: McCann Worldgroup, JWT Worldwide, presiden, CEO, chief executive officer, Gustavo Martinez, Bob Jeffrey, Interpublic Group of Cos., ZenithOptimedia Canada, Sunni Boot, Frank Friedman, executive vice president, managing director, MD, EVP, BFG, Ryan Wofford, director of digital strategy, Scott Seymour, Marc Burns, BBDO San Francisco, Jim Lesser, Bader Rutter & Associates, BR&A, Ryann Greve, CMO, chief marketing officer