September 11, 2013
Read more: http://bit.ly/17WaeUk
- Former Fallon managing partner and chief marketing officer Chris Willingham has become the latest high-profile recruit at social media data analytics business Starcount.
- Mekanism promoted Eric Zuncic to head of strategy and Michael Zlatoper to managing director.
- Roman Paluta joined Solve as director of business development.
- Project: WorldWide hired Joost Dop as CEO EMEA.
- Twelvefold hired Jay Budzik as chief technology officer.
- MEC hired John Beale as managing director of its Cape Town office. He joins the agency on November 1.
- AKQA New York promoted Rem Reynolds to general manager, up from client partner, reporting to CCO/VP Rei Inamoto. In addition, Georgina Forster was promoted to director of client services, up from group account director, reporting to Reynolds.
- David&Goliath named Kingsley Taylor as director, new business. Reporting to David Angelo, founder and chief creative officer, Taylor will be responsible for agency marketing functions, growth strategy and pitch management. Most recently, Kingsley spent four years at Ogilvy both in the UK and North America (NY & LA) as a global business director. While there, he worked on the global business management team, responsible for driving growth for existing clients such as Nestle, Kraft and Unilever.
- GroupM named Pierre Conte as CEO of GroupM France. Conte will report to Dominic Grainger, GroupM EMEA CEO and begins work on Sept. 16. Conte most recently served as CEO of Figaro Media and Figaro Classifieds as well as Director of Madame Figaro, responsible for advertising sales of Groupe Figaro. GroupM France has five media agencies: KR Media, Maxus, MEC, MediaCom and Mindshare with nearly 600 employees and combined billings last year of 2.3 billion Euros.
- Mindshare named Bob Ivins as Chief Data Officer. Ivins will lead the company’s efforts to act on consumer insights in real-time – a philosophy the company has termed “Adaptive Marketing.” He reports directly to Colin Kinsella, CEO of Mindshare North America, and is responsible for leading technology, data and S&A teams across the company. Ivins joins Mindshare from Comcast where he was vice president of Comcast Business Intelligence Group and worked on addressability and ROI analytics for the Comcast Media 360 ad sales unit.
Read more: http://bit.ly/17QafLz
- FleishmanHillard's Martha Boudreau steps down after 27 years.