March 28, 2013
- Premier Foods is holding a digital pitch for its "power brands", which include Hovis, Oxo and Mr Kipling.
- Foot Locker is seeking an agency to work on its joint campaign with Adidas, little more than a year after handing the account to Creature.
- The Imperial War Museums is looking for an advertising agency to work on a campaign to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the start of the First World War.
- Zurich, the insurance company, is planning to consolidate its creative, media and digital accounts into one holding group through an integrated pitch.
- BASF, the chemical giant, is reviewing its global corporate advertising after separating from Wieden & Kennedy Amsterdam, which had held the account since 2008.
New York Festivals Announces Three Additional Executive Jury Appointments for 2013 International Advertising Awards
March 27, 2013
New York, NY – March 27, 2013: New York Festivals International Advertising Awards® announced three additional appointments to the 2013 Executive Jury, bringing the total to 30. They will join an exclusive judging panel of worldwide Chief Creative Officers to select the World’s Best Advertising® across all mediums from the shortlist selected by the online Grand Jury.
Recent appointments include:
- Matt Eastwood, Chief Creative Officer, DDB New York
- Tom Eslinger, Worldwide Digital Creative Director, Executive Creative Director of Integrated Production, Saatchi & Saatchi New York
- Rob Rasmussen, Chief Creative Officer, Story Worldwide
The Executive Jury convenes April 27 – May 1st for five days of live judging to determine the Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Grand winners, and the single entry worthy of being named World's Best Idea™.
“New York Festivals has assembled an elite group of 30 of the world’s most respected international CCO’s and Executive Creative Officers to judge the shortlist across all mediums; their reputations and range of creative talents, combined with NYF’s unique matrix judging system, provides all shortlisted entries with the undivided attention they deserve,” commented Michael O’Rourke, President, International Awards Group/New York Festivals.
To view the 2013 Executive Jury visit: http://www.newyorkfestivals.com/NYFJuries/
Award-winning entries will be announced at the New York Show™ awards presentation on Thursday, May 2nd, 2013. The New York Show, a two-day series of creative events, will take place at the landmark New York Public Library's Beaux-Arts building, located at 455 Fifth Avenue, at 42nd Street in New York City. Festivities will be held on Wednesday and Thursday, May 1st and 2nd, and includes the Executive Jury Press Conference, keynote speakers, creative panel discussions, networking events, and exhibits of the Shortlisted work. Thursday evening features the 2013 New York Show awards ceremony and after-party to honor the winners in true New York style.
To purchase tickets for the New York Show please visit: https://www.newyorkfestivals.com/Events/
Ticket prices for the 2013 New York Show: Full Access Pass to all events, including panel sessions, screenings and awards show - $250; Award Ceremony - $100; Executive Jury Press Conference and individual panel sessions - $30 per session.
Press inquiries should be directed to Gayle Mandel: email@example.com. Ph: 1 212 643 4800.
International Awards Group, founded in 1957, organizes advertising and programming competitions for the following brands: AME Awards® for the World’s Best Advertising & Marketing Effectiveness™; Midas Awards® for the World’s Best Financial Advertising™; The Global Awards® for the World’s Best Healthcare Advertising™; New York Festivals® for the World’s Best Advertising®; New York Festivals® for the World’s Best TV & Films™; and New York Festivals® for the World’s Best Radio Programs™. Entries to each of the competitions are judged around the world by panels of peers in their respective industries. For more information, go to http://internationalawardsgroup.com/
March 27, 2013
- OMD UK has won the above-the-line media planning and buying account for the Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI) after a three-way pitch.
March 27, 2013
- Thomas Cook, the crisis-hit tour operator, is reviewing its ad account as it struggles to settle on a marketing strategy to revive its fortunes.
March 27, 2013
- The JWT India creative team responsible for a series of print ads featuring images of scantily clad bound and gagged women in the back of a Ford car, has been fired.