January 7, 2013
- InterBev Group, the international arm of Thai drinks company ThaiBev, has handed a brief to Stir PR to raise the profile of Caorunn gin in the UK.
- Mondelez International, Kraft's rebranded snack business, has consolidated its UK digital roster into Elvis, Syzygy and Rehab.
- McGarryBowen, Chicago, tapped for U.S. Tennis Association.
- The Terri & Sandy Solution was named agency of record for the PEEPS brand.
- Barkley was named agency of record for Dairy Queen, following a four-month review. The agency will be responsible for all television creative in the U.S. and Canada. Grey previously handled the account.
- The South Carolina Department of Parks, Recreation & Tourism awarded BFG Communications its advertising contract. The agency will develop an integrated marketing campaign to promote South Carolina as a preferred travel destination.
New York Festivals World’s Best Advertising Soars at 30,000 Feet; Award-Winning Work Showcased on International Flights
January 7, 2013
New York, NY – January 7, 2013: The trophy-winning work from New York Festivals® International Advertising Awards® soars at 30,000 feet as in-flight entertainment. NYF’s World’s Best Advertising® will be showcased on international flights on ten airlines circling the globe: Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, British Airways, Etihad Airways, Finnair, Lufthansa, Qantas Airways, Royal Jordanian, Scandinavian Airlines and Thai Airways. As in-flight entertainment the award-winning work lives on long after the winners have taken home their trophies.
The World’s Best Advertising® program, offered by New York Festivals as in-flight entertainment, includes some of the most innovative international television commercials of the year. The award-winning creative work was chosen at live jury sessions by the NYF Executive Jury, comprised of prominent Global Chief Creative Officers. This captivating selection of TV commercials entertains its viewers with ground-breaking creative concepts and commentaries by 2012’s Executive Jury.
New York Festivals has also developed additional strategic content partners in an effort to provide continued global recognition for award-winning work. NYF offers Media Centers for entertainment and educational opportunities at three universities in China. Students are invited to visit the New York Festivals Media Center to view award-winning campaigns entered from agencies all over the world. And NYF’s award-winners are also featured weekly on Shanghai Young Media’s Advertising Figures television, generating an online audience of 40 million viewers.
The 2012 Executive Jury convened in New York City April 28th through May 1st, 2012 to select the World’s Best Advertising®. The Executive Jury evaluated every shortlisted entry selected by the online Grand Jury, comprised of 400+ international executive creative directors, making it the most diverse jury of any advertising competition in the world. The Shortlist was generated from the first two rounds of judging; ensuring each entry achieving Shortlist status was given the hands-on attention it deserved. The Executive Jury selected ads from the Shortlist during five additional rounds of judging. Last year more than 330,000 votes were cast throughout the process.
New York Festivals will host the 2013 celebration of the World's Best Advertising® with The New York Show™, a two-day series of creative events held at the landmark New York Public Library's Beaux-Arts building located at 455 Fifth Avenue at 40th Street in New York City. Festivities will be held on Wednesday and Thursday May 1st and 2nd, 2013 and includes the 2013 Executive Jury Press Conference, keynote speakers, creative panel discussions, networking events, and exhibits of the Shortlisted work. Thursday evening features the 2013 New York Show awards ceremony and after-party to honor the winners in true New York style.
New York Festivals International Advertising Awards receives entries from 70 countries, recognizing work in all media in the following competitions: Avant-Garde, Branded Entertainment, Creative Marketing Effectiveness, Design, Digital, Direct & Collateral, Film, Integrated, Outdoor, Print, Public & Media Relations, Public Service Announcements, Radio, and Student.
For more information, or to enter the 2013 competition go to: http://www.newyorkfestivals.com/main.php?p=2,10
Press inquiries should be directed to Gayle Mandel: email@example.com. Ph: 1 212 643 4800.
International Awards Group, founded in 1957, organizes advertising and programming competitions for the following brands: AME Awards® for the World’s Best Advertising & Marketing Effectiveness™; Midas Awards® for the World’s Best Financial Advertising™; The Global Awards® for the World’s Best Healthcare Advertising™; New York Festivals® for the World’s Best Advertising®; New York Festivals® for the World’s Best TV & Films™; and New York Festivals® for the World’s Best Radio Programs™. Entries to each of the competitions are judged around the world by panels of peers in their respective industries. For more information, go to http://internationalawardsgroup.com/
January 4, 2013
- Mondelez gives MediaVest, Aegis more media work.
January 4, 2013
- Omnicom's group vice-chairman and CEO of Asia-Pacific, India, Middle East and Africa (APIMA), Tim Love, intends to retire at the end of the first quarter, reports Campaign Asia.