December 12, 2012
- Virgin Atlantic will retain its brand name after striking a $360m deal with Delta Air Lines following a slanging match between Richard Branson and BA's Willie Walsh.
New York Festivals and Berlin School of Creative Leadership Scholarship Winner Announced
December 12, 2012
New York, NY – December 12, 2012: New York Festivals® International Advertising Awards, for the World’s Best Advertising®, and the Berlin School of Creative Leadership has announced the winner of the “Helga and Michael Conrad Scholarship for New York Festivals Jury Members”. Martin Strutz, Creative Director of Jung von Matt/Alster Werbeagentur GmbH has been awarded this exclusive scholarship offered for New York Festivals Executive and Grand Jury members. The scholarship provides full tuition support in the amount of €53,000 to participate in the Berlin School of Creative Leadership EMBA Program.
“We are thrilled to be part of this initiative and share this excellent opportunity with our Executive and Grand Jury members,” said Michael O’Rourke, President of International Awards Group and New York Festivals.
The scholarship was made possible through the generous support of the Berlin School President Michael Conrad and his wife Helga Conrad. The Berlin School’s mission is to “turn great creatives into great creative leaders” and this award helps further the Berlin School’s mission to improve leadership standards in the industry and put creative leaders at the head of creative enterprises.
The Berlin School of Creative Leadership has expanded its global EMBA program dramatically since its inception in 2006. The school attracts an ever-increasing diverse group of participants from across a wide spectrum of the creative industries including advertising, design, entertainment marketing and media.
Martin Strutz, Creative Director of Jung von Matt/Alster Werbeagentur GmbH
“It's such an honor to be selected as the winner of the scholarship," said Strutz, who was on the New York Festivals Grand Jury in 2012. "When I got the call from Michael Conrad I was extremely happy and excited. And, I still am. The EMBA program is a great opportunity for
creatives that adds a new perspective to my professional as well as my personal development.”
As Creative Director of Jung von Matt/Alster Werbeagentur GmbH, Strutz is working on the international Mercedes-Benz passenger cars account with fully integrated campaigns, constantly trying to push the old patterns of the brand communication of Mercedes-Benz and the structure of German ad agencies towards the future. After several years of working on digital and integrated campaigns, Strutz is now looking to learn how to build teams, motivate creatives, and change traditional thinking to achieve success in the future of the industry.
Strutz will begin his EMBA program studies in Berlin on March 10th 2013, joining participants from over 45 countries. The EMBA program is designed for busy professionals and can be completed in one to two years with 5 specially designed interdisciplinary two-week modules held in Asia, Europe and North America.
In 2012, Michael Conrad served as New York Festival International Advertising Awards Executive Jury Moderator, with Donald Gunn, Founder of The Gunn Report, for the 55th Annual New York Festivals International Advertising Awards Executive Jury panel.
The 2013 New York Festivals International Advertising Awards is open for entries and will honor the World’s Best Advertising® at the New York Show taking place on May 1st and 2nd. For more information go to: http://www.newyorkfestivals.com/main.php?p=2,10
All press inquiries are welcome and should be directed to Gayle Mandel: firstname.lastname@example.org. Ph: 1 212 643 4800
About International Awards Group
Founded in 1957, International Awards Group (IAG) organizes advertising and programming competitions for the following brands: AME Awards® for the World's Most Effective Advertising™; Midas Awards® for the World’s Best Work in Financial Marketing & Advertising™; The Global Awards® for the World's Best Healthcare Advertising™; New York Festivals®; World's Best Advertising®; World's Best Radio Programs™ and World's Best Television & Films™. Entries to each of the competitions are judged around the world by panels of peers in their respective industries. For more information, go to www.InternationalAwardsGroup.com.
The Berlin School of Creative Leadership provides advanced leadership education programs for creative industry professionals in advertising, entertainment, design, marketing, media and publishing. At the heart of the Berlin School is its Executive MBA in Creative Leadership program: a flexible, part-time, FIBAA accredited leadership development program with modules in Europe, North America and Asia. Designed with a global perspective and interdisciplinary structure, the EMBA curriculum blends practical academic concepts with relevant industry insights to help executives leverage their existing talents to lead their company more competitively and effectively. Since opening its doors in 2006 the Berlin School of Creative Leadership has enrolled over 160 participants from 50 countries. The Berlin School also offers other non-degree custom and open enrollment programs such as the Cannes Creative Leaders Program in conjunction with the Cannes Lions Festival. The Berlin School is a non-profit institute affiliated with Steinbeis University Berlin and collaborates closely with UCLA Anderson School of Business in Los Angeles and Hitostubashi University in Tokyo. Learn more at: www.berlin-school.com
December 11, 2012
- Draftfcb Chicago hired Dr. Janet Rose as senior vice president/group director of retail marketing strategic planning. Rose most recently served as vice president of strategy & planning at Saatchi & Saatchi X.
- MEC hired John Baker as managing partner, regional media director, Latin America and Jill Brady as media & engagement planning director, North America.
- Translation hired Tiffany Coletti Titolo as managing director.
December 11, 2012
- Beyonce & Pepsi ink $50 million deal with a twist.
December 11, 2012
- Digitas was named lead digital strategy for the La Poste Group, France's mail services company. The agency will work on La Poste's digital ecosystem, which includes both the online and mobile versions of LaPoste.fr and laposte.com, as well as mobile apps.
- DDB Canada will continue its partnership with the Canadian Tourism Commission for another five-year term. DDB Canada’s Vancouver office will collaborate with the CTC to develop marketing communications programs to drive travelers to Canada.
- Publicis Kaplan Thaler and MediaVest have been awarded the advertising and media business for Tri Honda Dealer Advertising Association, which is comprised of 60 Honda automobile dealerships serving New York, New Jersey and Connecticut. Publicis Kaplan Thaler will handle the creative assignment and MediaVest will oversee all media planning and buying duties. The agencies will work across advertising, digital and social media.
- Zambezi was named agency of record for Strongbow cider. In addition, the agency was also named agency of record for Eastbay, an e-commerce sports gear retailer.
- i.d.e.a. was retained by Hot Spring Spas to provide creative branding development duties.
- BLITZ was named agency of record duties for Lucky Strike Entertainment. The agency will direct Lucky Strike’s overall branding as well as social media, search, analytics, mobile and location-based marketing strategies.
- AMC Theatres selected Bailey Lauerman for an internal and external branding campaign.
- SK+G Advertising was named media buying agency for Allegiant Travel Company. Previously, Allegiant handled all media planning and buying in-house.
- Piston has been named digital agency of record for games portal KNeoWORLD.com.
- Belkin selected RED Interactive Agency as the marketing agency for @TV, its "TV Anywhere" product.. The agency will handle the media planning and buying, social strategy and digital creative duties.
- Trex Company named Cuker Interactive its digital agency of record.
- Brownstein Group was named brand agency of record for Beneficial Bank. Harmelin Media will handle media planning and buying chores.
- JWT London has picked up the UK digital account for Andrex, the Kimberly-Clark toilet-tissue brand.