October 17, 2012
- CP&B names Bob Winter creative leader in Miami.
Read more: http://bit.ly/VaV0ZM
- Y&R Chicago names Cimino Chief Creative Officer.
Read more: http://bit.ly/RDwpJI
- Leo Burnett has appointed Mick McCabe as chief strategy officer. Mr. McCabe returns to the agency after serving as its director-planning on Allstate, Kellogg's and Nintendo previously in his career. He will now be in charge of brands including Allstate, Fifth Third Bank, Firestone, Kellogg's, McDonald's, Procter & Gamble, Sprint and Samsung. Mr. McCabe was most recently chief strategy officer at Kirshenbaum Bond Senecal & Partners in New York, working on brands including BMW, Vanguard, Homegoods, TJ Maxx and John Frieda.
- To enhance media buying and trading resources, GroupM is bringing in Omnicom's Johan Boserup as global CEO of GroupM trading, beginning in the first half of 2013. Mr. Boserup has spent 17 years with Omnicom Media Group, serving for the past five years as the worldwide chief trading and accountability officer, responsible for media buying across the group. Alongside his media trading experience, Mr. Boserup also has a background in digital media.
- Meredith Xcelerated Marketing has named Kristi D. VandenBosch as senior VP-chief digital officer, a new position. Ms. VandenBosch will be based in MXM's Los Angeles office and will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of MXM's digital practice, with special emphasis on expanding its client base. She joined Publicis & Hal Riney as CEO in 2009, after leading a regional network for TBWA Worldwide, serving as North American president of digital agency Tequila, and managing director tenures at both Omnicom's Direct Partners and Draft Worldwide.
- Dentsu is bolstering its leadership team as it continues its overseas expansion, announcing the appointment of Dick van Motman as CEO of Dentsu Asia. Mr. van Motman, who until recently served as President-CEO of DDB Group Greater China, will oversee Dentsu's operations in southeast Asia and Oceania. He will be based in Singapore and report to Dentsu Network President-CEO Tim Andree.