Philosophy & Competitive Advantages
The Association of National Advertisers
The Association of National Advertisers, Inc. (ANA) is the industry’s premier trade association dedicated exclusively to marketing and brand building. Representing more than 300 companies with 8,000 brands that collectively spend over $100 billion in marketing communications and advertising, the Association’s members market products and services to consumers and businesses. ANA serves the needs of its members by providing marketing and advertising industry leadership in traditional and e-marketing, legislative leadership, information resources, professional development and industry-wide networking.
ANA’s role is to help members build their businesses by building their brands. ANA is a marketing resource that provides continuous, ongoing marketing communications support through a broad range of products and services. ANA member services, including resources on the www.ana.net website are available to all tiers of managers including senior executives, middle managers and junior marketers.
Desktop access to customized member support – the Information Resource Center
Through ANA’s IRC, members never have to leave their desks to get customized focused support. ANA directly responds to members’ wide array of marketing challenges and answers specific information, research and benchmarking requests – at no incremental cost to members. One of the services included in the Information Resource Center is Adforum’s Agency Preview database to allow members easy access to agency search tools.
Marketing Industry Leadership
ANA leads the industry and manages key industry activities including:
- Conferences on timely issues of interest to marketers.
- Training seminars on best practices in marketing.
- E-business and online advertising leadership through industry participation and ANA’s New Technology Committee.
- Negotiating commercial talent contracts with Screen Actor’s Guild.
- Leading the National Advertising Review Board and the Children Advertising Review Board.
- Advancing member causes and interests in ANA’s Family Friendly Programming initiative
- Protecting members commercial free speech and taxation interests at the federal and state legislative levels.