- 7 prestigious European creatives selected to chair the juries of the ADCE Awards
- These Awards are unique, since only awarded European works can participate
- Hosted at Design Hub Barcelona in November as part of the 6th European Creativity Festival
- Deadline for entries set for September 26th
n the build-up to its 28th edition, the Art Directors Club of Europe has revealed this year’s ADCE Awards jury members. Six international top professionals will be the 2019 jury presidents, under the leadership of Dörte Spengler-Ahrens, Managing Creative Director at Jung von Matt/SAGA and Vice President of the Art Directors Club of Germany. They are:
- Overall Jury President: Dörte Spengler-Ahrens, MCD - Jung von Matt/SAGA (Germany)
- Film & Radio: José Miguel Sokoloff, Global President, MullenLowe Group Creative Council and CCO, MullenLowe Group UK (UK)
- Print & Outdoor: Jana Savic Rastovac, Executive Creative Director, McCann Beograd (Serbia)
- Interactive & Mobile: Helena Wård, Digital Strategist at forsman & bodenfors (Sweden)
- Graphic Design: Cordula Alessandri, Creative Director, Alessandri Design (Austria)
- Promotions & New Media: Ivo Purvis, Executive Creative Director, MSTF Partners Lisboa (Portugal)
- Integration & Innovation: José Mª Roca de Viñals, Vice-president & CCO, DDB Spain (Spain)
In total, 58 leading creatives and designers have been selected from 21 European countries to judge. The juries will meet in Barcelona on November 7th to debate the best creative work from across Europe, before awarding Gold, Silver and Nomination across each category, as well as the overall Grand Prix, to be revealed at the ADCE Festival, on Saturday 9th November.
Only for the best in Europe
The ADCE Awards are unique in that only creative work that has been awarded at a local European show is eligible, ensuring an elite selection in which every single entry that a judge sees has already been nominated as a standout piece of creativity.
Submissions should be made online before September 26th. More information on rules, fees and eligibility can be found at awards.adceurope.org.
Celebrating Europe’s creativity
The ADCE Awards return as part of the ADCE European Creativity Festival (8-9 November) at the Design Hub Barcelona. On its sixth edition, the festival will bring together creative professionals from around the continent for two days of inspirational talks, hands-on workshops, and plenty of networking opportunities.
This year’s theme will be “Celebrating the people who are already building a better tomorrow” and will focus on those who employ their creativity for good and believe tomorrow’s problems will not exist if we start today. Tickets are already on sale, with discounts for ADCE Members and students.
About the Art Directors Club of Europe
The Art Directors Club of Europe (ADCE) is a not-for-profit association headquartered in Barcelona comprised of 22 professional clubs and associations of graphic design and advertising from 21 European countries: Austria, Cyprus, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Georgia, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Portugal, Russia, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland, United Kingdom and Ukraine.
Founded in 1990, the ADCE strives to foster excellence in graphic design and advertising creativity at a European scale. The association represents more than 5,000 professionals from the field and internationally spotlights the best works accomplished at a local scale through its annual European awards. The current president is Ami Hasan, founder, chairman and creative director of hasan & partners.