Wilton Brands LLC (“Wilton”) has a portfolio of iconic brands and is the leading supplier in the U.S. Crafts Industry.These brands help families successfully celebrate life’s many occasions, express their creativity through crafts, encourage them to share with their families and friends, and capture their meaningful and lasting memories. Wilton operates through two divisions, Wilton Enterprises and EK Success Brands, which are leaders in their respective categories. Learn more about Wilton at http://www.wilton.com.
The Assistant Culinary Specialist will assist in the operations of the test kitchen, including product evaluation, quality control and recipe development.
* Test and evaluate new, existing and competitive products following established testing protocols, providing consumer perspective to the product development process. The ideal candidate has excellent organization and math skills. Good PC/System skills essential
* Write thoughtful, detailed, accurate reports of the testing process and results for the product being tested
* Coordinate taste tests of products for evaluation and recipes
* Create meaningful, brand-right recipes for packaging, digital, social and other marketing campaigns
* Be equally comfortable providing feedback and results of activities to test kitchen team, upper management and guests touring the facilities. People respond to your open, communicative style and your genuine interest in the world around you
* Assist with quality control testing of samples in a timely manner
* Compile, print and organize weekly Test Kitchen Evaluation Reports. Send weekly digest of reports to internal partners
* Answer consumer questions when needed for Customer Service and Digital teams
* Provide hands-on product demonstrations for sales customer meetings and new Wilton team members when needed. Represent brand at trade shows or other customer and consumer-facing events
* Participate in cross-functional product and recipe brainstorms
* Assist with grocery shopping, pantry organization
Education and Experience:
* BS or BA and a culinary degree, or extensive professional experience. Food science or sensory background a plus
* Minimum of 2 years of experience in food, culinary, or commercial baking/decorating. Prior experience should include test kitchen or testing of related products. Baking experience is a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
* Strong work ethic, open to feedback, flexible and proactive
* Ability to work cross-functionally with many different departments. Strong communication and organizational skills necessary
Wilton Brands LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender,gender identity, sexual orientation, age, individuals with disability or veteran status as provided by law. Wilton Brands LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.