Be Part of an Innovative, Industry Leading Team
LAI Games is a leading developer and manufacturer of arcade games and products with a portfolio comprised of video games, Virtual Reality experiences, mobile applications, ticket redemption games, and more.
It is our vision to bring products to market that revolutionise the industry, and we want to ensure we enhance every location in which our games and products are installed. Bringing a love of design, games and user experience, our industrial designer will collaborate with developers and engineers to shape the look, feel and function of the products we create. Products that capture the imaginations of our players and operators, promising an engaging and rewarding gameplay experience you can’t get anywhere else.
- Draft sketches of potential products.
- Use detailed drawings and CAD to demonstrate product design intent.
- Design and fabricate proof of concepts and prototypes for evaluation.
- Work with engineering, software development, art and production to establish and evaluate design concepts for manufactured products.
- Ideation and generation of innovative concepts with consideration of human factors, usability, form, function, finish, branding, artwork, manufacture and assembly of our games and products.
- Developing solutions that exceed user expectations and provide best in class user experiences.
- UX and UI design, developing engaging, visually appealing interfaces which are intuitive to navigate and bring a sense of joy to our users.
- Generation of product renderings and prototypes to clearly communicate product vision to various stakeholders.
- Providing inspirational leadership to the design team, helping direct the creative process within the office, mentoring and guiding less senior team members as required.
- Collaborating with the engineering team to ensure designs are cost-efficient, mechanically feasible and manufacturable whilst firmly protecting and communicating the design intent and creative vision of the product.
- Ongoing investigation into potential new technologies, techniques, processes, market trends and styling that could be applied to new products
- The ideal candidate will have a degree in Industrial or Product Design/Development with a strong technical background in delivering projects from concept through to manufacture with a thorough understanding of the product development process.
- You will have a passion for investigating different processes and techniques from various innovation fields and translating and implementing those ideas into new product offerings.
- You will be an explorer, always looking for new ways of doing things, with a passion for design trends and staying up to date with market styles and the latest technologies.
- With in-depth experience in design methodologies you have an ability to understand user needs and transfer these insights into meaningful product concepts, effectively communicating your ideas through drawings, renderings, prototypes and strong modelling skills.
- You are a conceptual and strategic thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills, able to engage with other highly creative individuals, and work in a diverse team.
- Flexible working hours
- Monthly self-directed personal development days and game jams.
- We finish at 4:30 every Friday afternoon for social drinks and games.
- Work in a dynamic, creative work space located in Singapore's technology and media hub.
- Live and work in amazing Singapore! One of the safest, cleanest, greenest, most well connected and multicultural cities in the world!
- Being a part of the out-of-home entertainment industry, we like to have frequent team events and enjoy what the industry has to offer.
- We have close relationships with key customers such as Timezone, and get to spend a lot of time in their centres
If this sounds like you, click the link below to be directed to our jobs portal where you can upload your resume and portfolio, and share links to your work.