Big Data is in our DNA. And our Media Team is growing fast. IRI continues to innovate in the space and has developed and integrated the world’s largest cross-channel media, social and online/offline purchase data sets to help our clients maximize the ROI for media spend. Our Media Account Directors focus on connecting clients with our amazing solutions in order to deliver innovation to the CPG and retail industry. Do you have a background selling media measurement solutions? Have you worked across the media ecosystem? This position for you. Salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience.
Our Media SalesLead will:
- Leverage existing and new/innovative approaches to address evolving digital media challenges.
- Build and maintain strong working knowledge of current trends in the Marketing, Customer Relationship Marketing, Online Marketing, Market Research and CPG Industry, including data sources (traditional panel, on-line access panels, client proprietary panels, retailer frequent shopper data, other customer-level databases, etc.) that will be the foundation to drive actionable insights.
- Possess the ability to interact seamlessly with both internal and external executive leadership
- Partner with key functions within Agency buyer and planner communities and ad network partners including sales and research to establish IRI Brand and drive revenue opportunities.
- Facilitate product development through links to IRI’s commercialization partners in the development of customized solutions to meet the clients’ needs
- Scope client issues within an analytical framework and roadmap that clearly identifies to the prospective client a return on the information
- Develop feasibility, pricing, and timing for proposals via internal approval processes and external proposal closure.
- Provide the final presentation of insights and strategic recommendation(s) to clients.
- Serve as a thought leader in the media analytics space, by writing white papers, speaking at conferences, etc.
To be successful you must possess and be able to execute upon these key skill sets:
- Consultative Selling: Apply your knowledge of the business, industry and domain to identify, create and close profitable, margin enhancing business opportunities:
- Innovation: Contribute to the development and creation of new or enhanced methods, products and/or services; approach job function with original and progressive thinking
- Client Management and Value: Manage client projects and relationships, often through collaboration with a wide array of cross-functional associates
- Business Insights/Consulting Expertise: Provides clear, deep perceptions & recommendations regarding decisions, situations & business benefits
- Sales Strategy Development/Competitive Intelligence Expertise: Identify accounts and opportunities to go after
What are the Requirements?
- 5+ years of experience including deep domain knowledge of digital media applied to multiple domains inclusive of CPG. Specifically connections with beauty clients. This can include: Strategically-oriented Ad Sales- Sales within an Ad Network - Media Planning with a digital media focus - Account Management experience with an agency - Digital Media Solutions research supplier
- Proven experience collaborating/partnering to achieve sales results versus a lone hunter mentality
- Strong sales skills inclusive of disciplined pipeline management; experience or capacity to call, own and deliver against a number; business plan/client penetration development and execution; strong influencing skills
- Excellent executive poise and presence
- An entrepreneurial spirit able to evangelize new initiatives internally and externally
- Ability to tie solutions to critical client issues that can challenge current business as usual activities at clients
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize activities based on levels of sales opportunities
- Experience developing strategies to expand services and penetrate client organizations based on gaining knowledge of client pain points and anticipating future client pain points burning and potential emerging business issues
- Ability to maintain focus in highly-charged environments and manage competing priorities in multiple sales activities
- Ability to explain technical subject matter to non-technical audiences
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Bachelor’s Degree Required, MBA preferred
As one of the original innovators in Big Data, IRI integrates the world’s largest set of otherwise disconnected purchase, media, social, causal and loyalty data to help CPG, retail, over-the-counter health care and media companies grow their businesses. We combine this data with predictive analytics to uncover new consumer insights and integrate them on the most technologically-advanced, cloud-based visualization platform. Learn more about us here and on YouTube .
We offer a comprehensive benefit package ( health, paid time off, 401 ( k), etc.) with additional unconventional offerings such as volunteer time off, flexible work arrangements, virtual doctor access, etc., along with the unrivaled benefit of working with our people - the best in the business.
We’re thrilled we get to work on the most interesting business challenges facing the CPG and retail industries. We regularly uncover new “aha moments!” by closely collaborating with our colleagues and developing competencies centered around the following values: Collaboration, Personal development, Executional excellence, Client growth, Innovation and creativity.
IRI is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster . IRI is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to ... and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.