Cambridge Silversmiths is a leading provider of kitchenware, tabletop and other products used in the home. We are seeking a Jr/Mid level designer who can help support our new and growing categories. If you have an eye for housewares fashion and thrive working on a wide range of products, then you might be the person we’re looking for.
As a product designer you’ll report directly to the Design Director, assisting on projects already in motion and starting new projects from scratch. You’ll have your finger on the pulse of housewares trends and translate this into your work. You’ll ideate on new product concepts regularly, and use strong visual communication skills to illustrate and communicate your ideas to colleagues and clients.
- You’re always eager to learn and share knowledge.
- You pay attention to trend and have superb sense of style.
- You crave feedback on your work and use constructive criticism to grow as a professional.
- You’re an exceptional artist in addition to being a designer.
- You have a mind for materials and processes, and can find a compromise between design and manufacturability.
- You live in the Dallas area or are willing to relocate for this full time position.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WOULD INCLUDE
- Regular comparison shopping to understand the retail landscape.
- Collecting and sharing trend insight with team members.
- Working independently or collaboratively to generate new product ideas and carry them through to production.
- Create final product illustrations that clearly communicate the design’s intent.
- Generate technical files using 3D modeling software (preferably Solidworks).
- Support product sampling by creating decal files using Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Occasional travel to attend trade shows.
- Bachelor’s of Science degree in Industrial Design from an accredited 4 year college or university.
- Excellent hand sketching and visual communication.
- Skilled in Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Skilled 3D modeler (preferably Solidworks).
- Ability to manage deadlines working on multiple projects.
- Innovative attitude.
Experience or interest in digital painting and illustration.
Experience or interest in mesh modeling 3D software such as Blender or Modo.
We offer competitive wages (compensation commiserate with experience). 401K, medical/dental/vision coverage, vacation and holidays.
Please send resume and portfolio or portfolio link to Cambridgesilversmithsjobs@gmail.com