Project Manager, Multiplatform Initiative (Digital, Social, Broadcast)
Team: General Audience Programming
Status: Regular/Full-time/Project (Funded by a grant for up-to 18 months)
PBS is seeking an experienced Project Manager for a major multiplatform initiative for digital, social, and broadcast.
Reporting to the editorial lead on the project, the position works with an internal cross-functional team and external partners to manage, plan, oversee, and track facets of the initiative for the duration of the project.
The ideal Project Manager for this initiative should have experience in project management along with knowledge of and familiarity with PBS, the media landscape, and the disciplines involved in bringing a high-profile television, digital, and engagement initiative to its culmination.
Essential duties will include, but are not limited to:
- At the direction of and in conjunction with the editorial lead, maintain a 360-degree view of the project over the course of its life, acting as a main point of contact and repository for information regarding the initiative.
- Establish and maintain a project bible, which includes all activities and results of the initiative.
- Manage day-to-day calendar and schedule of deadlines, communicating with partners on a weekly, monthly, quarterly basis, in order to keep initiative on track, keep groups informed of deadlines, and hold them accountable to deadlines.
- Write and communicate weekly project summaries for dissemination to internal and external partners.
- Implement and follow the established project framework, initiative timelines, and milestones for project.
- Coordinate, facilitate, and/or moderate meetings with key staff and outside partners.
- Act as the liaison between producers, Programming, key departments within PBS, and other external stakeholders, ensuring strong communication, collaboration, and responsiveness across all areas.
- Coordinate and produce presentations at in-person PBS system meetings or through webinars.
- Other duties as assigned as relevant to the initiative.
Requirements for success:
- 5 years of project management experience in media, marketing, events, or similar fields, preferably in a public media environment.
- Bachelor’s degree, equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills – diplomacy a must.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to track many tasks.
- Ability to oversee and collaborate with PBS staff and external parties for successful project execution.
- Ability to work under stressful circumstances, react to change productively, and handle other duties as assigned.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Ability to work effectively as a team player in across-disciplinary team environment.
- Familiarity with public television and its member stations.
- Understanding of PBS guidelines, operations, and industry practices with respect to broadcast production and technology is desirable.
- Expertise with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
PBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Women, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities