Vans: Be a Part of the Original
“It was never about waving the brand like a flag, it was always about the people” – Paul Van Doren
Vans is the original action sports footwear company, rooted in authenticity and creativity. Founded in 1966, Vans has thrived on a legacy of impacting our greater community through four pillars: action sports, music, art and street culture. We are constantly inspired by the expressive creators within our company and community as they bring new and innovative perspectives to help shape and transform the future of our business.
At Vans, our culture sets us apart and influences everything we do. We are driven by five values:
1. We are determined.
2. We are connected to our consumers and to each other.
3. We are inclusive.
4. We are expressive and fun.
5. And most of all, we are a family.
Vans is a subsidiary of VF, one of the world’s largest apparel and footwear companies with socially and environmentally responsible operations spanning numerous geographies, product categories and distribution channels. As we continue to expand, VF and Vans take great measures in developing and growing our people.
Vans is founded on a culture of learning. We take pride in our ability to facilitate learning opportunities by providing the resources and tools necessary to support each individual’s pursuit of growth to achieve future goals driven by our brand purpose.
Our purpose to enable creative expression and inspire youth culture is fostered through inclusivity. We welcome anyone and everyone into our global family and proudly celebrate an environment where individuality is embraced, equal opportunities thrive, and everyone is empowered to reach their greatest potential.
By joining the Vans family, you will be immersed in an environment of incredibly supportive and collaborative people. We work very hard across a multitude of large initiatives to bring the Van Doren spirit to life. We live for what we do.
East Coast Environmental Design Production Manager: Become the Newest Member of the Vans Family
As the Production Manager, you will be based close to New York City, and rooted in special events for Retail, Wholesale and Marketing; print and build production of elevated marketing displays for our Elevated Retail locations; and on-site management of installs and setup. You will bring a strong foundation in managing display builds and working with vendors in that space. In this position, you will travel and execute projects in our New York and Chicago retail locations, plus events all over the East Coast (and beyond). You will bring a high level of passion and understanding for the design process to work closely with our team of Environmental Designers and our vendors. Your love for the process will only further your ability to develop and refine it, as the needs of the business dictate. As a Production Manager, you will have the ability to interact with many people in various functions and levels of the organization, which will allow you to glean ideas from anyone in this company. It is crucial that you boast strong relationship-building skills and are suitable to visualize opportunities with colleagues, which will come in handy when striving to see impactful results in your operations. We are a company that is always seeking progress while staying true to our ideals of authenticity and innovation. By being a part of our company, you will assist in providing an incredibly satisfying experience for our loyal, worldwide consumers.
How You Will Make a Difference:
1. Help manage the production and logistics of some of our larger events, nationally and internationally.
2. Your diverse experiences and background enable you to provide a unique perspective to fuel our global growth. Additionally, you are inclusive and value differing points of view.
3. Work with vendors to produce and install new Elevated Retail POP displays.
4. Work with Environmental Designers on East Coast event spaces and layouts and executing those designs.
5. Manage and track new implementations for Elevated Retail spaces and report data back for viability.
6. Assist with Showroom updates, locally and internationally.
7. Consistently hit deliverable dates and have a high level of communication with internal and external partners.
8. Work with numerous vendors to acquire bids on major projects while managing the execution on all deliverables.
Skills for Success:
Years of Related Professional Experience: 5+ years in a similar role with a wholesale/retail establishment or an industry with similar type experience.
• Produce quality work and complete projects in a consistent, timely and organized manner from concept through implementation
• Strong knowledge of print, build, and event logistics
• Must have the ability to communicate and convey ideas and concepts with all levels of company personnel including executive management
• Strong interpersonal and management/leadership skills
• Detail oriented and able to multitask, managing multiple projects simultaneously with the ability to prioritize tasks effectively.
• Computer Skills: Microsoft Office, Adobe Design Suite required
Educational/ Position Requirements:
• A Bachelor’s degree in a related field and a minimum of 5 years management experience in print production/fixture/store construction/special events or an equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Special Physical and/or Mental Requirements:
• Travel by air and overnight, as required 25-50% amount of time.
• Lifting and/or bending 50 lbs of weight.