WomenWorking.com is looking for a talented, passionate, culture-obsessed web editor/writer to join our team, dedicated towards female empowerment. Our ideal candidate is tech-savvy social media enthusiast with strong writing and editing skills.
WHO WE ARE:
Our website is one of the premier sites for career women, with a mission to empower women and girls. Founded by writer and successful businesswoman Helene Lerner, WomenWorking.com is a digital publishing platform with over 18,000,000 followers on Facebook, and hosts a thriving Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn community.
- Managing all day-to-day scheduling of content for website and social media
- Recruiting, hiring and managing interns
- Conceiving, writing and assigning articles to interns/contributors
- Copy-editing all content for grammar and style
- Monitoring content trends and analyzing page/social metrics daily
- Brainstorming ways to expand social media reach and increase overall engagement.
- Building monthly newsletters as well as other marketing campaigns.
- Assisting with short video production
- Must be able to work on-site in New York City
- Must have great writing and editing skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), and Google Apps (Drive, Docs, Sheets)
- Knowledge of social media channels and Wordpress, SEO and Photoshop skills a plus
- Excellent opportunity to learn all facets of the magazine digital publishing business
- Direct feedback/critique from the founder, an Emmy award-winning television host/author
- Work with a small, hardworking team in a pleasant office environment in Gramercy, NYC
Salary: $40,000. Please send your resume and a thoughtful cover letter to Helene Lerner with a non fiction writing sample.