Dentsu Inc. takes three Golds for Panasonic Corporation’s “Life is Electric”; New York Magazine awarded two Golds for Magazine Editorial Photography
Advertising, Interactive, Motion, Designism and Cumulative award winners to be announced after the 92nd Annual Awards Gala on April 4
Miami Beach, FL (April 3, 2013) -- The Art Directors Club (ADC), the first global creative collective of its kind and longest standing organization championing the visual arts, tonight announced the winners of the prestigious ADC 92nd Annual Awards for the design, advertising print, illustration and photography categories. The awards were distributed during the ADC Design Night Celebration hosted by Oliviero Toscani at The Wolfsonian located in Miami Beach’s Art Deco District, during the inaugural ADC 92nd Annual Awards + Festival of Art and Craft in Advertising and Design.
This year boasted amazing judges, with talented Jury Chairs including photographer Albert Watson (Photography), illustrator and author Christoph Niemann (Illustration), Creative Partner at Williams Murray Hamm Garrick Hamm (Design) and Droga5 Executive Creative Director Ted Royer (Advertising). Each was tasked with identifying the 92nd Annual Awards entries that best represent the art and craft in advertising and design.
Gold Cubes awarded at the ADC Design Night Celebration are listed below:
Design: 45 ADC Cubes (4 Gold, 10 Silver, 18 Bronze, 13 Merit)
· Brighten the Corners & Anish Kapoor for Zumtobel Group, “Zumtobel Group Annual Report 2011/12” -- Design, Corporate/Promotional, Annual Report
· Dentsu Inc. for Panasonic Corporation, “Life is Electric” -- Design, Corporate/Promotional, Self-Promotion
· KIGI co., ltd. for DNP Foundation for Cultural Promotion, “Implosion-Explosion” -- Design, Corporate/Promotional, Miscellaneous
· Taku Satoh Design Office Inc. for Issey Miyake Inc., “Pleats Please Happy Anniversary Posters” -- Design, Poster, Promotional
Print Advertising: 17 ADC Cubes (3 Silver, 7 Bronze, 7 Merit)
· Juries did not select an ADC Gold Cube winner in the Advertising category for Print
Illustration: 14 ADC Cubes (4 Gold, 2 Silver, 3 Bronze, 5 Merit)
· Magnet Reps for Feltrinelli, “Bukowski Book Covers” -- Illustration, Book Jacket
· Dentsu Inc. for Panasonic Corporation, “Life is Electric” -- Illustration, Corporate/Institutional
· Dentsu Inc. for Panasonic Corporation, “Life is Electric” -- Illustration, Poster or Billboard Advertisement
· The New York Times Magazine for The New York Times Magazine, “The Wild Life of Silent Spring” -- Illustration, Magazine Editorial, Miscellaneous
Photography: 12 ADC Cubes (3 Gold, 2 Silver, 7 Merit)
· New York Magazine for New York Magazine, “Hurricane Sandy Cover” -- Photography, Magazine Editorial, Magazine Cover
· New York Magazine for New York Magazine, “Joe Biden Opener” -- Photography, Magazine Editorial, Miscellaneous
· Henry Leutwyler Studio for Henry Leutwyler, “Ballet by Henry Leutwyler” -- Photography, General, Book (Commercially Published)
Student: 14 ADC Cubes (2 Gold, 5 Silver, 7 Bronze)
· Auckland University of Technology, “Sample Copy: An Exploration of the Role of Copying in Design” -- Design, Book Design, Text Driven Book
· Kookmin University, “With a strange story” -- Illustration, Student Thesis
The list of winners announced at the ADC Design Night Celebration can be found at http://www.adcawards.org/designnight/. A complete list of winners for all categories will be made available following the 92nd Annual Awards Gala on April 4.
The Art Directors Club gratefully acknowledges its sponsors Adobe, iStockphoto, Pantone, 4A’s, GE, The Creative Register, Martin & Co., and the Miami Beach Visitor and Convention Authority for their support of the ADC 92nd Annual Awards + Festival of Art and Craft in Advertising and Design.
About the Art Directors Club
Founded in 1920, the Art Directors Club is the premier organization for leaders in visual communication, boasting one of the most concentrated groups of creative talent in the world. A not-for-profit membership organization, the ADC’s mission is to Connect creative professionals around the globe, while simultaneously Provoking and Elevating world-changing ideas. The ADC provides a forum for creatives of all levels in Advertising, Design, Interactive Media and Communications to explore the direction of these rapidly converging industries.