- Havas Worldwide Dusseldorf gets the nod for Berlitz account.
Read more: http://bit.ly/1cy9k4d
- Burger King splits with lead agency Mother.
Read more: http://bit.ly/1gcVipn
- Anti-tobacco group, The Legacy, has parted ways with its agency of more than a decade, Arnold. The Legacy’s $50 million account is in review and Arnold failed to make it to the next round. Agencies still in contention are Anomaly, BBDO, Droga5, 72andSunny and 180LA.
- VML was named agency of record for NAPA AUTO PARTS, following a review. Publicis Kaplan Thaler previously handled the account. The agency will be responsible for all national creative duties, including TV, radio, print, sponsorship activation and digital elements. The Bedford Group in Atlanta managed the review. NAPA AUTO PARTS spent nearly $35 million on measured media in 2012, according to Kantar Media.
- King’s Hawaiian, a family-owned business that creates Hawaiian bread products, has named Energy BBDO as its creative agency of record. The agency will be responsible for developing the brand’s first-ever national television campaign. King’s Hawaiian spent $7.3 million on measured media in 2012 and $1.6 million between January and September of 2013, according to Kantar Media.
- For the first time in more than 20 years, Hachette Book Group has hired MK Creative Media Marketing as its agency of record. Previously, all advertising work was handled in-house.
- Glenmorangie, a single-malt whisky brand has named BSUR to handle its global communications account, following a review. WCRS, London previously handled the work. BSUR will develop a fully integrated global campaign concept for brand communication and through-the-line activation for Glenmorangie. New work launches in 2014. Glenmorangie spent $4.5 million on measured media in 2012 and $3.1 million between January and September of 2013, according to Kantar Media. The account will be handled out of BSUR’s Amsterdam office.
- Premier Exhibitions, a presenter of museum quality touring exhibitions, tapped New York-based Crossmedia as its media planning and buying agency, to re-envision and re-launch the company’s exhibition marketing strategy. The partnership, effective immediately, plans to launch new creative and messaging in markets where the company has self-run venues, including Atlanta, Buena Park, Orlando and Las Vegas, starting early 2014. The company spent $1.3 million on measured media in 2012 and $464,000 between January and September of 2013.
TOPIC: ARNOLD WORLDWIDE, BBDO, MCGARRYBOWEN, REVIEWS, WCRS, PITCHES, DROGA5, IN-HOUSE, AOR, AGENCY OF RECORD, ANOMALY, MOTHER, 72ANDSUNNY, BURGER KING, VML, AMERICAN LEGACY FOUNDATION, GLENMORANGIE, PUBLICIS KAPLAN THALER, ENERGY BBDO, 180LA, BK, MEDIA PLANNING AND BUYING, PITCH, BSUR, KING’S HAWAIIAN, HAVAS WORLDWIDE DUSSELDORF, BERLITZ, THE LEGACY, TRUTH, NAPA AUTO PARTS, THE BEDFORD GROUP, HACHETTE BOOK GROUP, MK CREATIVE MEDIA MARKETING, PREMIER EXHIBITIONS, CROSSMEDIA NY