- Lowe Profero, the global digital network of Lowe and Partners, have inked a digital partnership with Australian based Mexican food chain Guzman y Gomez.
Read more: http://goo.gl/wG1Mye
- Norwegian Air Shuttle has appointed M&C Saatchi as its first global advertising agency, ahead of major expansion plans.
Read more: http://goo.gl/0hMcSw
- WPP's MediaCom has been appointed as eBay's lead media planning and buying agency across its £82 million EMEA account, unseating the incumbents including Carat, Fetch and Essence.
Read more: http://goo.gl/ao3tdN
- MRY lands AT&T account.
Read more: http://goo.gl/y9YHAc
- True North Inc. has been named agency of record for Adlens, a manufacturer of variable focus technology for the eyewear industry. The agency was awarded the work following a review that included 12 other agencies. True North will be responsible for developing integrated communication strategies for Adlens and its range of brands to build consumer awareness of variable focus eyewear as well as drive sales. The scope of work will include online and offline creative campaign development, social media, media planning and buying, and data analytics.
- INVISTA, a manufacturer of intermediates, polymers, and fibers, has tapped Partners + Napier to expand marketing activities for its recently acquired TECGEN brand. TECGEN apparel is a brand of patented flame-resistant garments that help protect workers at risk of flame exposure. Partners + Napier was awarded the business following a review that included several undisclosed agencies. Partners + Napier is tasked with handling TECGEN's branding, creative, engagement, shopper marketing, product design recommendations and promotions. There was no recorded media spend for TECGEN in 2013, according to Kantar Media.
- UM was named media agency of record for Build-A-Bear Workshop in North America and UK. The agency will handle media planning, buying, strategy, analytics and digital work. The account will be lead out of UM's New York, Detroit and London offices. Build-A-Bear spent $12.1 million in measured media in 2013, up from $10.5 million spent in 2012, according to Kantar Media.
- Kao USA tapped Arnold Worldwide as its global creative agency of record for its John Frieda and Jergens brands following a review. MDC Partners' KBS+P was the incumbent agency on both brands. In February 2014, Kao USA placed its global creative account in review. Arnold Worldwide will be responsible for strategy and creative and begin work on May 1. Joanne Davis Consulting assisted in the agency review process. Jergens spent $50.2 million on measured media in 2013, up from $38.4 million spent in 2012, according to Kantar Media. John Frieda, on the other hand, saw a decline in media spending going from $48.2 million spent in 2012 to $43.4 million spent in 2013, per Kantar Media.
- Roche Diagnostics, a provider of in-vitro diagnostics, tissue-based cancer diagnostics and diabetes management solutions, tapped HY Connect as its marketing and communications partner. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, Roche Diagnostics is part of one of the Roche Group, a research-oriented healthcare organization. HY Connect will handle strategic planning, advertising and digital communications.
TOPIC: M&C SAATCHI, UM, UNIVERSAL MCCANN, WPP, MEDIACOM, GROUPM, INTERPUBLIC GROUP OF COS., PUBLICIS GROUPE, ARNOLD WORLDWIDE, BBDO, REVIEWS, AOR, AGENCY OF RECORD, MDC PARTNERS, IPG, DIGITAL, PARTNERS + NAPIER, KBS+P, EBAY, CARROT CREATIVE, AT&T, JOHN FRIEDA, MRY, KANTAR MEDIA, KAO USA, JERGENS, LOWE PROFERO, LOWE AND PARTNERS, GUZMAN Y GOMEZ, NORWEGIAN AIR SHUTTLE, CODE+THEORY, TRUE NORTH INC., ADLENS, INVISTA, TECGEN, BUILD-A-BEAR WORKSHOP, ROCHE DIAGNOSTICS, HY CONNECT