- MEC Bravo named Vilma Vale-Brennan as managing director, replacing Gonzalo del Fa, who has been selected to lead GroupM Multicultural. She will report to Marla Kaplowitz, CEO, MEC North America. Vale-Brennan’s previous media experience includes roles at Havas Worldwide Advertising where she managed US/Mexico engagements and JWT, where she worked as executive director for Listerine PocketPacks.
- AKQA promoted Sam Kelly to head of business development and marketing. In his new role, Kelly will oversee global business development and marketing, and report to CEO and founder Ajaz Ahmed. He will lead AKQA’s global marketing and business development teams to create new opportunities for client collaborations, and introduce new services such as Business Invention, Data Science, and Social.
- Olivier Gers joined Starcom MediaVest Group as global president, LiquidThread, SMG’s branded entertainment content unit. He will be based out of the SMG London office and report to Brian Terkelsen, CEO of MediaVest.
- RAPP announced that its global chief strategy officer, Loren Grossman, would also take on a newly created position as director of applied data. This new role will add a media analytics emphasis to Grossman's existing responsibility of overseeing data and measurement capability at RAPP.
- MARC USA hired Jerry Thompson as executive vice president, director of public relations.
- George P. Johnson hired Chris Meyer as chief executive officer and promoted Denise Wong to president.
TOPIC: PEOPLE-MOVES, STARCOM MEDIAVEST GROUP, CEO, CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER, AKQA, MANAGING DIRECTOR, LIQUIDTHREAD, MD, CSO, MEC NORTH AMERICA, EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT, EVP, GLOBAL PRESIDENT, HAVAS WORLDWIDE, RAPP, GLOBAL CHIEF STRATEGY OFFICER, MARC USA, PROMOTED, SMG, MEC BRAVO, VILMA VALE-BRENNAN, GONZALO DEL FA, GROUPM MULTICULTURAL, MARLA KAPLOWITZ, SAM KELLY, HEAD OF BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT AND MARKETING, AJAZ AHMED, OLIVIER GERS, BRIAN TERKELSEN, LOREN GROSSMAN, DIRECTOR OF APPLIED DATA, JERRY THOMPSON, DIRECTOR OF PUBLIC RELATIONS, GEORGE P. JOHNSON, CHRIS MEYER, DENISE WONG