30 years practicing advertising.
11 years teaching advertising.
Now utterly occupied with building a small agency with large agency fu.
The 3 things that encourage me:
1. the rising sun at dawn
2. the crew I work with and the students I teach
3. the octane of true friends and great clients
The 3 things that amaze me:
1. pigheadedness and intransigence
2. the number of incompetents in positions of power and authority
3. the malice directed at the truly competent
The 3 things that break my heart:
1. people who waste or misuse the fortune of a good opportunity
2. talented people who are comfortable being mediocre
3. people betraying their own possibilities
I love advertising. I don't understand burnout. Advertising is chess on a grand scale, with all the adrenaline of sport. I get the biggest kick when a brand entrusted to me prevails.
I love teaching. I speak regularly at various B Schools across the country and conduct a very widely-recognised series of workshops on Advertising, Brands and Creativity. The institutions I have been invited to include Williams College in Mass., USA, IIM Ahmedabad, IIT Mumbai, The Jamnalal Bajaj Institute for Management Studies, Symbiosis, The Sydenham Institute of Management, the MET Business School, AICAR, BIM Trichy, Christ University in Bangalore and GRD Business Schools in Coimbatore.
I have also been invited to address the marketing cadre of many companies including Aranca, NDTV Worldwide, gsk, Piramal Healthcare, Landmark Insurance, the Asian Heart Institute, Globalspace Technologies, theprivatesales.com, and Dr.Reddy's Laboratories, where I conducted a intensive on social media's promise for the pharma industry at their annual UDAAN exercise.
I was the keynote speaker at the International Conference on International Marketing of The University of Central Lancashire, U.K., and at the Confederation of Indian Industry 2011 TIDES conclave.
Specialties: Advertising. Teaching advertising.