- The National Football League (NFL) has awarded environmental decor and design responsibilities for upcoming Super Bowls XLIX and LI to Omnicom's engagement agency GMR Marketing and design shop bluemedia.
- Global audio brand Shure has named allen & gerritsen (a&g) as its first social-strategy agency of record.
- RateSetter, the peer-to-peer (P2P) lending service, has appointed Goodstuff Communications as its strategic media partner after a three-way pitch.
- Hacker Group, a Seattle-based digital and direct marketing agency,was named agency of record for Essence Healthcare, and awarded direct marketing duties for One Medical Group. Essence, a Medicare Advantage plan in the St. Louis region, serves more than 40,000 Medicare beneficiaries throughout Missouri and Illinois, and One Medical Group is a primary care provider in the U.S.
- 160over90 has added a series of new clients to its portfolio, spanning healthcare and high-end consumer products. Ferrari North America, Under Armour, Destination Maternity Corporation, Mars Drinks and Aria Health have tapped 160over90's east coast office for various projects. Ferrari North America tapped the agency to refresh its Corso Pilota Mont-Tremblant welcome kit, the first touch point in an exclusive program that invites Ferrari owners to Quebec to drive in their "natural habitat" on a racetrack. For Under Armour, the agency will help tell the story of the brand's new ClutchFit shoe technology for athletes by creating an online video series to illustrate the flexible "second skin" fit and feel of ClutchFit shoes. Destination Maternity Corporation assigned the agency to create and execute a targeted email marketing effort designed for expecting mothers. Mars Drinks awarded the agency branding efforts on its latest brewer, an espresso machine for the workplace. 160over90 will develop the brand identity, including name and logo, as well as materials to support the upcoming product launch. Lastly, Aria Health, a health care provider in Northeast Philadelphia and Lower Bucks County, tapped 160over90 for branding efforts that will span its three hospitals and network of outpatient centers and primary care physicians.
- Boulder-based Newton Running Co. has renamed TDA_Boulder as its advertising agency of record, responsible for brand identity, digital and traditional advertising, and sponsorship/event marketing. First work, targeting "more-than-occasional" runners, breaks in July. Moxie Sozo, Boulder, previously handled the account. TDAhad been agency of record for Newton from their inception in 2007 until 2009, during which time they were responsible for naming the company, and for strategy and traditional and digital advertising. Newton Running spent $918,000 on measured media in 2013, down from $1.5 million spent in 2012, according to Kantar Media.
- Gravity Media has been awarded Comcast’s Xfinity multicultural account and will focus on the Asian, Arabic and Brazilian U.S. markets as well as other targeted ethnic markets throughout the country. The agency will develop strategy and creative while managing media for targeted markets to promote Xfinity's product offerings, inclusive of television, phone, internet, and integrated home services, such as home security and monitoring.
Tags: RateSetter, Goodstuff Communications, P2P, peer-to-peer, pitches, GMR Marketing, Bluemedia, Super Bowl XLIX, Super Bowl LI, Omnicom, Shure, allen & gerritsen, a&g, social-strategy, AOR, agency of record, Hacker Group, Essence Healthcare, One Medical Group, 160over90, Ferrari North America, Under Armour, Destination Maternity Corporation, Mars Drinks, Aria Health, Newton Running Co., TDA_Boulder, Kantar Media, Gravity Media, Comcast, Xfinity, multicultural
Category: Account Moves